Sign in to follow this  
Tom H

What are the revenue streams on the farm?

I read a few posts and it seems like you plan to have the income from aquaponics cover all labor cost on the farm. Are there any other streams of revenue planned in case aquaponics underperforms?

Besides from aquaponics, there will be income from the sales of pasture raised eggs and vacation rental management.

These are the three main streams of revenue that are planned for this farm. There will be possibly some other minor streams of income, but we don't rely on those.

Vacation rental management may bring some income for the subdivision if that area attracts tourism.  Income from sales of pastured eggs? Not sure how that will work. Won't it only increase overhead cost?

Of course, it's good to have organically grown pastured eggs for the residents there. I am just trying to see if this is economically possible to set up everything in the way that property owners will not have to pay any fees and use products from the farm for free.

Everything comes at the cost. The farm will be equipt with Chicken Caravans (2015 Australian farm invention of the year) to help us deliver grass fed eggs. This original investment will help us to cut labor cost going forward.

It may surprise you, but if set up properly this is no hassle, highly profitable Egg business. It will easily pay for labor, supplies cost and will provide profit to pay for other things on our organic farm. Our main goal in setting this up is to provide residents of our subdivision with high-quality free range eggs at no cost.

Thank you for your answer Rufina. I went on YouTube and watched many videos about the chicken caravan. It’s a fascinating way of raising chickens; it’s very educational. I loved how the eggs stay clean, and the whole process has logic and order.

Tom, it seems that they are going to set up their own garbage service in the subdivision. Organic waste most likely will be used as a feed for chickens. And, here we go... less money spent for chicken feed; community makes money on trash, happy residents get their organic eggs, workers get paid.